Saturday 7 April 2012

Furniture for the Lair

The Lair  - Key feature - WRITING DESK

The key shot in this location is when Babooshka is writing letters to her x lover and she is surrounded by all her minion vampire's. I am going for a gothic, dark, ladies boudoir look for the lair. I need to concentrate on the colour scheme as well, and I do not want to reveal the colour red, other than the costumes and then in the final scene on the beach.

I have researched some writing desks which could be suitable in the lair, I think they are good colour wise and are historically accurate.


 The colour of this wood is perfect, I love the dark tone to it and the green marble top compliments it so well. The added draws on top add levels as well which the camera can work well with. The general look of it is sophisticated, but grand as well.
 This piece is much more plain, the colour is slightly lighter, but it has lovely shaped legs, and could add more angles to the lair.  I said before how I wanted the lair to be created into a space not to just look like 4 walls and a room.
 This piece is similar to the first one in colour, and I like the side panels as well.

This piece is lovely too but a bit too light in colour.











I need to look in antique shops for items like this as they will be far too much to buy, so hopefully I can rent them.

The Director also wanted a Chaise - longue in the Lair. I think this is a perfect idea as the actors' can lay across the chaise - longue and use it to show off their costumes from different heights and angles.







I love all of these styles, and  I deliberatley picked the right colours that I am thinking of trying to find. The purple piece in particular stands out to me, I want the rich padded effect that is seen on the one closest above as well. I need look in antique shops but also online as they aren't a common piece of furniture.

The writing desk and chaise-longue are the key pieces of furniture I need in the Lair, however, I do also want to look into a fireplace and handheld props including candelabras, drapes and old books.

No comments:

Post a Comment