Wednesday 23 May 2012

Shooting Interiors


We started with the 18th century bedroom. I had to check for continuity of the bed sheets inbetween takes and make sure the drapes were in the correct place. Pillows also had to be moved a lot and the covers were changed in each scene to the final shot where Babooshka was dead.




Next we shot the contemporary bedroom, I managed to do the change over in under 40 minutes which was great, and allowed the camera crew and director more time for shooting. I am really pleased with how the bedroom turned out, it was just as the Director had explainned to me, and I stuck to the colour scheme well. It transformed the space completely but the bed was the incling of the same room which the Director also wanted.





Finally we ended this day with shooting the Lair, this was always going to be a demanding few hours and a patient few at that. However what we could never have predicted was the weather, and it was a scorching 24 degrees. The priortiy was to keep the actors hydrated and feeling well, and to get the ideal shots in the quickest amount of time possible. I was to watch continuity of the burning candles, and also when furniture was moved I had to mark where it needed to go back to. A key scene in the Lair was with the perfume girls, where they tipped scented oil onto Babooshka's letters, the Director was very keen on this scene being perfect, understanabley so, therefore I had to go and print some more copies of the letters for the girls to rehearse with.






Today was a massive learning curve for me, I have been on film shoots before but never doing the continuity of the set. I thouroughly enjoyed it all and am excited for tomorrow at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment