Sunday 25 March 2012

The Lair

First Interior - the Lair. Research is going to help me get far more of a feel for this project and looking at old films and images may help me decide the style I want to create. I've  so far looked at Dracula, Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and The Lost Boys.  I have found some amazing images and looking through the photos, brilliant shapes and shadows were created using light, I would like my Vampire's Lair to look like a space rather than a room with four walls.


This image stands out to me as the shadows are so unbalanced and it creates a completely different space using light.

In my sketchbook, I'm going to look at more similar images and see what I like about each one and start to pick things out I could try and create in my Lair.

I need my interiors to contrast eachother greatly, in several ways, including colour, shape and feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment