Monday 26 March 2012

Victorian Bedroom

Second Interior - Victorian Bedroom - I am going to start by looking at existing four poster beds and pick out what is key in the struture and how I can try and replicate one, without spending too much money. I also want to include a lot of drapes in both interiors, especially the bedroom. I've looked at an artist called Henry Fuseli, who draws a lot of women in bed with bed sheets draped everywhere and often flowing curtains as well. His work has inspired me, and I love the style.


This piece titled ' The Nightmare' stands out in particular, as the shot in the bedroom is when Babooshka is having a ceasure after being bitten by a Vampire. So I think the devil represents the dead, which is essentially what Vampires are. Also the woman looks distressed and the drapes are all around her which is what I want to create on set.  I have looked at several other paintings of Fuseli's and I love the colours used and how they all seem to have a gothic feeling about them.

I need to start developing my knowledge of Victorian furniture and look at what colour pallets I may use. As well as starting to source props.

No comments:

Post a Comment