Tuesday 20 March 2012

Self Directed Project

On Thursday the 23rd February I had my first Production meeting with everyone involoved in the vampire film, including the Director, Producer and Designer. We dicussed all aspects of the film from location to make-up and what inspired the Director's idea . Kate Bush's music video Babooshka was shown to us all and the Director pinpointed what he liked about the video, for example the quirkyness of it and how he took her lyrics and made it in the storyline for this vampire film.

The Director also looked at this poem and said it inspired him as well:

The Bride of Corinth ( 1797) Johann Wolfgang Goethe

'from my grave betimes I have been driven
I seek the good I lost, none shall me thwart,
I seek his love to whom my troth was given,
and I have sucked the lifeblood from his heart'.

Locations:
I was able to dicuss with the Director what was expected of me within this project and what his image of the locations would be. The description given to me was as follows:

1. Exterior: Should feel timeless so a church and graveyard
would be good (although not sure how christians would feel about aload of the undead running around...) I would love to get permission to film on the beach- that would be amazing.

2. Interior: we have to mock up 2 enviroments.
    a. Vampires lair - with a writing desk - could be very gothic and old.
    b. A honeymooners bedroom - think Victorian.

I am going to look at some original vampire films that were suggested by the Director to inspire my ideas:

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari 1920
Nosferatu 1922
Dracula 1932

















I am also going to look at some more modern takes for example:


The Lost boys 1987
Interview with a Vampire 1994
True Blood 2008-2012 (TV series)














I will need to research Victorian furniture and the Gothic era to see what I could use to dress my locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment